At any rate, we've finally returned from the void and it seems like we picked a great time to do so. That's because this week, Nintendo has a pair of NES Virtual Console classics that are perfect for helping you kick off this Memorial Day weekend (and the unofficial start of summer); StarTropics and Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II.
In the first game of this Zelda-esque series, you must search for your missing archaeologist uncle, Dr Jones. (No, not that archaeologist named Dr Jones!) With your trusty yo-yo in hand, you will travel to the surrounding tropical islands seeking clues to his whereabouts. The second game is somewhat similar to the first but it also features time travel.
Also out in the past 6 weeks, the aforementioned Sega 3D Classics Collection and the Wii U Wii version of Xenoblade Chronicles. Take a test of island courage, then jump past the break to see more new releases from the past month and a half.
- StarTropics (NES Virtual Console) (Nintendo, 1 player, $4.99)
- Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (NES Virtual Console) (Nintendo, 1 player, $4.99)
- Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) (Monolith Soft, 1 player, $19.99)
- Star Fox Zero (Nintendo, 2 players, alternating, $59.99)
- Mario Party DS (Nintendo DS Virtual Console) (Nintendo, 1 player, $9.99)
- Super Meat Boy (Team Meat, 1 player, $14.00)
- PixelJunk Monsters (Double Eleven, 2 players, simultaneous, $9.99)
- The Deer God (Crescent Moon Games, 1 player, $7.99)
- Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice (Choice Provisions, 1 player, $9.99)
- Dual Core (Gray Fin, up to 4 players, $9.99)
- Sega 3D Classics Collection (SEGA, 2 players, simultaneous, $29.99)
- Infinite Dunamis (Kemco, 1 player, $9.99)